Symbol of purity and beginning of a new life calla is one of the most sought after by brides. It is also associated with divine purity and it is said that Venus was also envious of the beauty of this flower. My mom has been in her garden for years and it seemed to me a good time to devote some time to recreating this beautiful crocheted flower. It was not easy for me to give her the right shape to the flower or to her large leaves but after so many do, disfigure and rebuild I believe she has succeeded. It seems difficult but it is not, armed with your passion and patience, and you will also be able to recreate this beautiful flower. I created this clay pot giving it the shape of a bush as it is in the garden so I had to fill it with leaves. You can only make cut flowers in a jar with some leaves or even a single calla to give to your heart friend. Ok we start with the explanations.
Explanation of the flower
• Start 30 chains
• 1 turn: 28 doble crochet, turn the job
• 2 laps: 13 double crochet, 3 double crochet in one point, 3 double crochet at one point, 13 double crochet.
From the third to the sixteenth round go the same and in the two center points always raise three double crochet in one point, so you will be in the sixteenth round with a total of 41 double crochet, 3 double crochet at one point, 3 double crochet at one point , 41 double crochet. Now go down to small points until the beginning of the first turn, cut a piece of zinc plated wire of the length of the whole flower plus about 4 cm per side, insert it into the flower by working around the single crochet, making the whole flower round up to Get back to the beginning of the first lap on the other side and keep it so suspended.
Explanation of the pistil
• Start 5 chains, close in round and inside to do:
• 1 turn: 10 single crochet
• From the second to the 10 turn, make 15 single crochet, from 11 to 30, making 20 single crochet.
Once you've done all the flowers and pistols you need, cut a piece of laminated iron wire of the appropriate thickness to the job you are doing and the right length. Now with the wadding or the cotton wool fill a little bit of the stem and slowly insert it into the pistil, if you notice any empty cotton wool to fill it well. Once you have prepared the pistil, take the flower and arrange it around giving it the right shape. And if you want to give the calla a somewhat more closed shape "tighten it" a bit more around the pistil. Remember to tensely stretch the iron wire to give the shape to the flower and those 4 cm more that advance to knot them and stop them with two turns around the pistil below.
Explanation of the chalice
• Start 6 chains, close round and inside:
• 1 lap: 15 double crochet
• 2 laps: 17 double crochet
• 3 laps: 19 double crochet
• 4 laps: 21 double crochet
Insert it into the stem and sew on the flower then cover the stem with the chains to the height that you need.
Now let's go to the leaves that are a bit more laborious. To give it the shape of the bush I had to make the leaves of two different sizes a large one is a small one.
Explanation of the large leaf
• Start 51 chains, cut a piece of galvanized iron wire about 3 times 51 chains, insert it into the work and work around the single crochet (this will be the center rib of the leaf and then its support), turn the work.
• 1 lap: in ten points below do: 15 triple crochet (one increment every 2 points) 10 triple crochet, 10 double crochet, 10 half double crochet, 10 double crochet, repeating the same. Turn the job
• 2 laps: 15 triple crochet in 10 points below, 20 triple crochet, 10 double crochet, 10 half double crochet, 7 single crochet, equal to the other side and turning the job.
• 3 laps: 15 triple crochet 10 points below, 20 triple crochet, 10 double crochet, 10 half double crochet, 14 single crochet, equal to the other side and turning the job.
• 4 laps: 15 triple crochet in 10 points below, 20 triple crochet, 10 double crochet, 10 half double crochet, 21 single crochet, equal to the other side and turning the job.
• 5 laps: 15 triple crochet in 10 points below, 20 triple crochet, 10 double crochet, 10 half double crochet, 28 single crochet, equal to the other side.
I forgot: at each start of double crochet and half double crochet made 2 points in one point, each round so you have a total of 7 increases per leaf side. Now cut another piece of galvanized iron wire that will make the whole leaf round off from its hanging that you will reach with a very low point about 4 cm more per side and work around the lower points. Do not close the job and keep it all up. Now cut the right length of the laminated iron wire that will be the stem of the leaf, insert it in the middle of the initial iron wire where the dots are low and help with a crocheted pinch a hook tip, then close it by pressing it with the pliers to Give it the right curvature. Tighten the leaf by pulling the galvanized iron wire (even the central one) and sting them by twisting them to the main stem. Now take the cotton you left off and work around the chains. Girls is more complicated to write this leaflet than to do it.
Explanation of small leaf
• Start 40 chains, cut a piece of zinc plated wire 4 times out of the 40 chains, insert it into the work and work around the single crochet (this will be the support of the leaf and even its stem).
• 1 lap: 15 triple crochet in 10 points below (hence an increase in every two points), 5 triple crochet, 10 double crochet, 5 half double crochet, 9 single crochet, resemble the opposite side and turn the work.
• 2 laps: 15 triple crochet in 10 points below, 10 triple crochet, 10 double crochet, 5 half double crochet, 11 single crochet, equal to the other side and turning the job.
• 3 laps: 15 triple crochet in 10 points below, 10 triple crochet, 10 double crochet, 5, half double crochet, 18 single crochet, equal to the other side. Have patience I forgot this time to tell you that at each start of double crochet and half double crochet you have to make two at one point, you will have 7 increases per leaf side each lap.
Now cut the iron wire length of the full leaf (as for the big one) and work around the single crochet. Always stretch it to give it the right shape and twist the pieces of iron wire to form a kind of stem (see the length you need by the work you are doing) after working around the chains.
My mom! Ok I think I have not forgotten anything. Girls I'm telling you I always hope to have given you an extra idea to accomplish your creations. Have fun and put all your passion and you will find yourself in your hands a small masterpiece. A warm greeting to everyone and to the next.